Manufactured by a reputable company INC Source Inc, to treat plantar fasciitis, heel pain and swelling.
The FS6 compression foot sleeve certainly has the look of a high quality support.
The foot support market is competitive. We look at what makes the FS6 stand out.
The FS6 compression foot sleeve is an advanced medical device using graduated zone compression technology.
It comes as a pair in a nice shiny retail box. There is various information about the product and a handy image of how it looks on your foot.
The market for compression lower limb wear is very competitive, with various reported benefits including improved circulation and the obvious supportive effect.
Finally no more bulky night splints.
This is the claim at the top on the box. The targeted support zones reduce swelling that cause pain, strengthen & support natural foot structure and improve vascular foot health.
The FS6 fits easily under socks and can be worn in most types of footwear. Wear while sleeping to reduce morning heel pain, where while walking, running or during sports for extra support.
So who’s the FS6 for?
Designed especially for people suffering from, plantar faciitis and heel pain. It claims to offer increased support to key target areas around the foot, in other words there tight!
The FS6 Target zones explained
The FS6 works by providing support to what the company call graduated zone compression.
- Zone 1 – Gentle Compression
- Flat and smooth forefoot with no ridges that can cause excess pressure.
- Zone 2 – Moderate Compression
- Graduated compression, loosening around the foot/arch.
- Zone 3 – Firm Compression
- Graduated compression firm enough to create venous system support, tissue stabilization and gently lift the plantar fascia ligaments.
- Zone 4 – Moderate Compression
- Anatomical turn for a deep heel pocket shaped to the instep. instep release area on top with thinner fabric to minimize bunching.
- Zone 5 – Firm Compression
- Firm graduated compression provides leverage to support of zone three, and further boost to the venous system.
- Zone 6 – Gentle Compression
- Graduated and made in a wide, smooth knitted hem to further support circulation with no binding comfort.
Are they comfortable?
The FS6 is certainly supportive and tight feeling, but not overly so, that’s the intended purpose.
What sizes do them come in?
Small/Medium: 7-10 inches. Ideal for US Men 6-9.5 / Women 7-10.5. UK 4-8 EU 37-41Large/X-Large: 9-13 inches, Ideal for US Men 10-14 / Women 11+. UK 9-13. EU 42-46
I am a size 9 UK and I found the socks quite tight and supportive. I have generally found that with supportive products I tend to go to the smaller size to maximize the stabilizing effect.
The FS6 takes compression socks to another level. There is no disputing the quality of the sock. How effective they are at accelerating the healing process of a pre-existing condition will vary from individual to individual.